Follow Julia on: Google + |
Facebook | Twitter
Julia Tortorice has been a Registered Nurse for more than three decades. As an RN, MBA, MSN and the lead nurse planner and CFO for CEUFast, Inc. since 2001.
She received her MBA and post baccalaureate certificate in nursing education from the University of Florida and MSN from the University of Phoenix. She is also a board certified nurse executive advanced (NEA-BC) and a certified professional of health care quality (CPHQ). Since 1984 she has worked as a nursing executive.
During the time she worked in administration she also worked PRN in clinical specialty area, emergency nursing. She worked as a courtesy clinical assistant professor for the University of Florida, College of Nursing for four years. For three years she directed a RN residency program which attained accreditation in 2011.
She has been on the President's Council in the American Nurses Association since 2005 and is also a part of the Florida Nurses Association and Sigma Theta Tau International.
Professional society memberships:
- 2005-present American Nurses Association, President’s Council
- Florida Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- Tortorice, J. (2010). Residency Program Comparison. Presentation at RN Residency Program, Pilot Evaluation Face-to-Face Meeting. January 11-12, 2010, Tampa, FL VAMC.
- Tortorice, J., Neff, D. & Johnston, A. (2010) RN Residency Training Model, Presentation at Seventh Annual Research Day & Malasanos Lectureship, March 26, 2010, University of Florida College of Nursing, Gainesville, FL.
- Tortorice, J., Neff, D., & Johnston, A. (2010) Strategy for Workforce Development: Nurse Residency Program. Poster presentation at Annual Clinical Executive Conference. Collaboration Across the Continuum of Care: The Role of the Clinical Executive. April 7-8, 2010. Indianapolis IN.
- Tortorice, J., Neff, D., & Johnston, (2010) A. Nurse Graduate Experiences in Acute Care Settings. Poster presentation at the Eights Annual National Conference of Nursing Workforce Leaders, Nursing Shaping Health: Economics, Policy and Practice. June 9-10, 2010. Dearborn, MI.
- Tortorice, J., Neff, D. & Johnston, A. (2010). Strategy for Sustaining Workforce Development: Nurse Residency program. Presentation and poster at the Department of Veterans Affairs VA Nursing Academy, 2010 Annual Nursing Meeting, Transformation and Innovation through Academic Partnership. August 3-5, 2010
- Citty, S., Anderson, C, Solesky, B., Coffey, S., Bernard, T., Chappell, J., Tortorice, J., Yergler, M., Rittman, M. & Hinze, M. (2009) Innovative Approaches to Promote Recruitment and Retention of Nurses and Evidence-Based Practice at the Bedside. Poster Presentation at Seventh Annual Research Day & Malasanos Lectureship, March 27, 2009, University of Florida College of Nursing, Gainesville FL.
Tortorice, J., Anderson, & C, Childress, B., (2008) Innovative Approaches to Promote Recruitment and Retention of Nurses and Evidence-Based Practice, Poster Presentation, Creating a Culture of Inquiry Conference, FONE & NEPC, June 19&20, 2008, Tampa FL.
- Anderson, C., Childress, B., & Tortorice, J. (2008) Innovative Approaches to Promote Recruitment and Retention of Nurses and Evidence-Based Practice, Presentation at Sixth Annual Research Day & Malasanos Lectureship, March 28, 2008, University of Florida College of Nursing.
Return to About Us page
- May 2010, Assumed Primary Investigator: Enhanced Partnership Program: The VA-UF Nursing Center of Excellence, $4,000,000 funding VA Office of Academic Affiliations, granted July 2007. Study ended 7/2011
- May 2010, Primary Investigator: Analysis of the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators and RN Survey. Study ended 7/2011
- October 2009, Primary Investigator: Nurse Graduates Experience in Acute Care Settings. Study ended 7/2011
- July 2009, Project team member: Nursing Academy Educational Innovation and System Re-Design A Nurse-Led Multidisciplinary Wound Care Education and Clinical Program, $100,000 funding VA Office of Academic Affairs. Study ended 7/2011